- Bon Jour: One matchmaker who has interviewed EVERY client face-to-face/Local Services: Multiple “matchmakers” who only know the clients they’ve sold and have not met and interviewed all clients;
- Bon Jour: Every client is interviewed in the privacy of my office face-to-face/Local Services: Many of these do zoom interviews or have people fill out forms on the computer. Many interview in public places with no privacy;
- Bon Jour: Every client has a 6-page profile along with a minimum of 6 current pictures/Local Services: Client has no idea what their match looks like and never gets to view a full profile, if any profile, of their match;
- Bon Jour: Every client decides for themselves along with my input who they would like to meet/Local Services: THEY dictate who you meet, and you have no say. You are stuck with who they fix you up with;
- Bon Jour: In January this service will celebrate 34 years of professional matchmaking in Denver/Local Services: NONE are anywhere near this age with these many years of success and knowledge. Many are new start-ups and/or satellite offices from large franchises based in other cities;
- Bon Jour: Your FREE phone consultation lasts as long as necessary and is NOT a sales call, but merely an exchange of information. I do not continue to call and bug people to join the service. They need to be a willing and motivated client./Local Services: Many make you fill out a form online, many make you schedule an appointment to come in so they can give you the hard sell. Then continue to call again and again to solicit you as a client;
- Bon Jour: Every client has an open-ended contract at no extra fee. I have no idea when the perfect person will present themselves, so you want to be here when they do. It is one of the best qualities about this service./Local Services: They have multiple plans at multiple fees. The longer the contract the higher the fee. Then VIP contracts. It’s confusing and ridiculous;
- Bon Jour: One time investment fee regardless of how long a client is in the service. No monthly or annual fees. Merely a $35 per introduction fee upon meeting someone. I do a background check on every client for FREE/Local Service: They nickel and dime you to death. If they do a background check they will charge you, but you never see it, so you are taking their word for even doing one. They often charge monthly and/or annually because of their limited contracts;
- Bon Jour: Is not affiliated with any so-called licensing companies BECAUSE Bon Jour has been in business long before those companies existed, and they are just a gimmick to make money from independent matchmaking and dating services. They are meaningless.
Published by Michele "the Matchmaker" Fields
I have been a professional Matchmaker for 34 years in Denver, CO. My service, Bon Jour Matchmaking Service, has facilitated 300+ marriages of 600+ Colorado Front Range singles through hand holding, personalized matchmaking. For more information go to
View more posts
Reblogged this on Bon Jour Matchmaking Service .
Leave a comment